Les avis clients, y compris le nombre d’étoiles du produit, aident les clients à en savoir plus sur le produit et à décider s'il leur convient.
Pour calculer le nombre global d’étoiles et la ventilation en pourcentage par étoile, nous n'utilisons pas une simple moyenne. Au lieu de cela, notre système prend en compte des éléments tels que la date récente d'un commentaire et si l'auteur de l'avis a acheté l'article sur Amazon. Les avis sont également analysés pour vérifier leur fiabilité.
***SPOILER ALERT***So...this whole series was a tough one for me. First off...I should say I hated the whole premise of the story. A vigilante in New York City? A super hero...but no super hero powers? So...basically a regular person running around in a mask jumping from building to building saving lives, killing bad guys, stopping bank robberies...but again, no actual super powers. Well, other then the fact that apparently...he was able to blind the entire city! Seriously...no one is looking for this guy? He has no actual powers but...as a regular dude, he was able to trick the entire city of New York??...and for MONTHS!!! And...in a few hours of training...he has this chick jumping from building to building too? JUMPING FROM BUILDING TO BUILDING!!! Read that again! In NEW YORK CITY! One of the most populated cities in the country! No one saw? No one stopped him? She is being watched by all of Don’s people but...no one ever found their lair? And...we’re calling it a lair? For real?? When I got to the end of each book...all I felt was...pissed that I was going to have to read a whole other entire book full of this trash in order to see how it ends. (I have never been able to put a book down in the middle and walk away...even a bad one). So many times, I wanted to log into good reads and ask if anyone could just tell me how it ends so I could stop reading...but I forced myself to see it through to the end. It was bad! It dragged on so much longer than necessary. It really could have been one book. Definitely didn’t need to be more than two! After reading three books about these people...I feel nothing. Don’t care that they lived. Don’t care that they escaped all possibility of prosecution. Although...really??? So many problems with this book...and honestly, right from the beginning.
- Are we all okay with the idea that a 6yo is ‘madly in love’ with her neighbor?
- this 6yo girl watches her 8yo neighbor ride a bike without a helmet and says to herself ‘that is the SEXIEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!’ Really? Really?? So then...what? Sexier than big bird? Give me a break!
- how about Don taking over the ENTIRE police department in every town they move to? Yeah...a couple bad cops in his pocket I would be okay with but...the entire city of New York is completely fooled by this guy? There is ABSOLUTELY NO TRACE OF ANY OF HIS PREVIOUS RECORDS OR OFFENSES??? Just no.
- who TF says pesky? Oh...that pesky vigilante?? So Don is a scary mafia kingpin and....also my grandma? Just shut up!
- how bout all the boyfriend swapping? Summer chooses Miles so, she just passes Eli to Liza? No questions asked... Eli?..Liza?..Everyone?...We cool?
- she walks right up to the front door and knocks but...somehow the entire team is already inside? All of them? Even Patrick? He joined this team 15 minutes ago and he’s willing to sneak into the governor’s mansion (who also happens to be a violent crime boss)? Also...with all of Don’s men coming running...none of them noticed FIVE COLLEGE STUDENTS SNEAKING INTO THE MANSION?? Really...the GOVERNOR’S MANSION doesn’t have video surveillance?
- then they all just get to go home and live happily even after. No repercussions at all from them being involved with all this. Like, the FBI was so happy to get Don and his team that they just said ‘hey, why were you guys here today?’ And...then we just give them an excuse and they just let us walk out??
- at the hospital they ‘re-did his stitches and didn’t even ask any questions about the injury. It was such a relief.’ It was such a relief??? More like...it was such BS.
- Dad has been alive but locked in a storage locker for more than 10 years but...William showed up this morning and saved him and later this afternoon he is visiting at his wife’s gravesite? So...ten years in a storage locker and he didn’t need to talk to the authorities at all? He didn’t need...I don’t know...a BAND-AID? Or, more like 3 days of testing and observation in a hospital followed by 15 hours of questioning? Nope, just open the door to the storage locker and then drive him to his wife’s grave for a family reunion.
So...I get that it’s a work of fiction! I do get that...and I am not usually this girl! All books have something unbelievable...I get it. This one was just TOO FREAKIN MUCH! It would have been better if the whole thing was done form a viewpoint of an actual superhero. If the vigilante could fly or was invisible or had some other fantasy super hero powers...than all this other fluff would be able to be brushed aside because the whole thing is fantasy. But...trying to pass this regular guy with no powers off as ‘that pesky vigilante’ and these regular college students (and one pathetic undercover cop) off as the Cracker Jack ‘scooby do crime fighting team’ they became...was just insulting.
In closing...this one was too much BS. Not relatable. Not believable. Made me feel nothing. Not great! Do NOT recommend.
I got the first book as a gift and it was OK, I was interested enough. I got mad when it ended in a cliffhanger, as did the second book, so you really have to read all three to find out how it ends. It was way too long and could have been wrapped up in one longer, quality book. Book 2 was pretty useless, nothing really happened until the last 50 pages or so - just a lot of repetitive conversations from Book 1, the main character rehashing her feelings repeatedly. I stuck it out through all three even though I had it figured out who the Vigilante was long before it was revealed. By the third one it felt like a slog. Clearly the author just wants to sell more books rather than write a great story or give the reader a positive experience. I really REALLY hated the cliffhangers so I won’t be reading any more of her work.
The story had potential in the beginning of first book but as the book went on and ridiculous scenarios played out and the back and forth of the main characters not to mention the so called “best friends” such Liza which I just started to call B**ch and Kins…. also the fact that she went through pretty heavy trauma and she was throwing herself at 2 or “3” different guys to have sex with them was just too much unbelievable and at some point I could no longer suspend my disbelief.
I'm a reading addict so I can't put something down until the end. This was torture. I loved the hunted series... so.. I thought this would be good. My eyes hurt from rolling at all the stupidity. And it definitely should have been one book. Nothing happened or any conclusions in the end of first or second.
Absolute torture! Had no clue this was a trilogy when I started it, but the truth is, it’s not a trilogy. It’s the same book over & over again with an occasional new event thrown in every 100 pages or so. The premise isn’t bad, unusual, but not bad. It just all could have happened in one book. Repetitive is an understatement! Lots of books out there. No need to torture yourself with these.
I’m sorry. I’m not a hater. But this series has zero redeeming qualities. Crappy plot, poorly executed, mediocre writing. All with the emotional maturity and depth of an 8th grader. I kept assuming it would get better and I was stupid to do so. My only question - why is the author smiling in her photo? She should be horrified it was actually published under her name. Please find something else to do with your time.
This series started with a tiny bit of promise and ended horribly. It’s unrealistic, very ridiculous, childish and just bad. It’s repetitive and dragged out when it didn’t need it. The characters, all of them, were unbelievable and childish while pretending to be grownups.
Maybe I am the wrong demographic for this….romance. I barely started it before I was thinking, ‘Well this is just stupid’. After skimming through a portion of the rest of it, I realized my first assessment was quite accurate. I’ll just move along, and find a bit less…convoluted? Goofy? Nonsensical? Far fetched? romance.