Auteurs similaires à suivre
Gérer vos suivis
Mises à jour de l'auteur
In this groundbreaking book, school psychologist Dwayne D. Williams explains human behavior from a spiritual perspective. He reveals that God intends for you to experience success in every area of your life—that’s right, every area! He pairs psychological principles and Scripture to show the role your mind plays in spiritual development and achieving success. In this book, Dwayne shares exactly what you must do to overcome anxiety, fear, and other social and emotional conditions that interfere with your daily functioning—conditions that interfere with achieving success God’s way!
From this book, you will learn
• how to renew your mind using practical behaviors
• how to live a positive life
• how to access the blessings of God
• what low self-esteem means from a spiritual perspective
• how to overcome anxiety, fear, and depression, according to Scripture, to live a prosperous life
• how to reshape self-concepts—and more
Human Behavior from a Spiritual Perspective is a two-book series. This book's (book 1) theme is self-awareness and focuses on the importance of becoming self-aware to develop spiritually and to achieve success God's way.
After showing thousands of middle school and high school students the power of SEL, Williams has trained hundreds of practitioners on the creation of dynamic hip-hop SEL groups. Like Music to My Ears coaches social workers, school psychologists, and teachers through pairing SEL skills with hip-hop elements.
In this book, Williams provides
•A step-by-step map to creating hip-hop SEL—and how you can get the students to help you do it
•14 lessons by Williams, all tested and shown to increase engagement
•14 action-item agendas to bring the lessons to life
•A simple, evidence-based tool students can use to monitor their progress
•Rap songs aligned with the 5 SEL competencies
This book includes both the practitioner's edition and the student's edition!
Help students thrive with this systematic approach to culturally responsive instruction!
Research shows that students of color learn best in classrooms that reflect their cultural values. This breakthrough book shows educators how to create culturally relevant RTI models that help diverse students thrive!
Step-by-step, you’ll learn to skillfully apply 4 core characteristics critical to culturally responsive instruction: communalism, movement expressiveness, orality, and verve. Richly detailed case studies and evidence-based, process-focused strategies will help you to:
- Understand how and why culture mediates learning
- Dispel cultural biases and appreciate the assets among all student groups
- Address all tiers of the RTI model across grade levels
- Eliminate disproportionality in special education eligibility decisions
- Work collaboratively with African American parents and communities
Use this thought-provoking handbook to confidently design high quality, culturally responsive instruction that fits the cultural needs of most African-American students!