Zodiac Academy: The Awakening: An Academy Bully Romance Livres audio Audible – Version intégrale
|Neuf à partir de||Occasion à partir de|
Livres audio Audible, Version intégrale
|Gratuit avec l'offre d'essai Audible|
I’m a Gemini. Impulsive. Curious. Headstrong. A twin. Heir to a throne I know nothing about. And it turns out, I’m Fae. But of course, there’s a catch - all I have to do to claim my birthright is prove that I’m the most powerful supernatural in the whole of Solaria. And sure, technically that’s true, as I’m the daughter of the Savage King. But the bit they didn’t put in the brochure was that every single Fae in this Kingdom would claim my throne if they could.
The school they’ve sent me to is both dangerous as sh*t and one helluva party. Vampires bite weaker students in the corridors, the Werewolf pack has orgies in the Wailing Wood at every full moon, and don’t even get me started on the dark and twisted ways the Sirens use their powers on people’s emotions, or how my sinfully tempting Cardinal Magic teacher hosts detentions that leave people needing therapy. Classes are totally interesting if you manage to live through them. And that Gemini star sign I mentioned? It now determines my elemental magic and affects my destiny, so learning astrology is essential if I’m going to beat down my classmates - which is actively encouraged, by the way.
My biggest problem is the droolworthy Dragon shifter who has his eyes on my throne. He and his three psycho friends are determined to make my time here hell. All I’ve got to do is survive. But fate might have other ideas. Dammit, why couldn’t I have gotten a letter to Hogwarts?
This is a dark, bully romance - don’t go expecting a sweet school for magic with friends around every corner. Fae fight for everything they own and Zodiac Academy is a cutthroat school for students aged 18+ where only the strongest prevail. There’s no Dumbledore here to save anyone’s ass, and Lionel Acrux will give Voldemort a run for his money in the evil dictator category. So hold onto your stardust (broomsticks not required) and get ready for a bumpy ride.
- Écoutez en illimité un large choix de livres audio, créations & podcasts Audible Original et histoires pour enfants.
- Recevez 1 crédit audio par mois à échanger contre le titre de votre choix - ce titre vous appartient.
- Résiliez à tout moment.
- Gratuit avec l'offre d'essai, ensuite 9,95 €/mois.
Détails sur le produit
|Durée||12 heures et 10 minutes|
|Auteur||Caroline Peckham, Susanne Valenti|
|Date de publication sur Audible.fr||10 mai 2021|
|Éditeur||Caroline Peckham, Susanne Valenti|
|Type de programme||Livre audio|
|Classement des meilleures ventes d'Amazon|| 10,155 en Livres et œuvres originales Audible (Voir les 100 premiers en Livres et œuvres originales Audible) |
102 en Romance fantastique (Livres et œuvres originales Audible)
160 en Action et aventure de fantasy
2,536 en Romance fantastique (Livres)
Commenté en France le 1 décembre 2022
Avis avec images
Meilleures évaluations de France
Un problème s'est produit lors du filtrage des commentaires. Veuillez réessayer ultérieurement.
I think I've read the whole saga in 2 and a half days, each time I've finished one I had to start the next one, I loved the characters, the twins are so nice but different, and please, Orion? So many good tropes in here, a fantasy world open his door for us and it's not deceiving !
I'm waiting for the 8th -and last- book so badly, I can't wait to read it !
Tory and Darcy are heirs to a the throne of Solaria, which they don't even want. Yet, Darius, Caleb, Max and Seth will do absolutely ANYTHING to get them out of Zodiac Academy in order to keep the throne to themselves.
Those boys are the worst of their kind. I just hate them so much. I really hope Tory and Darcy will get their revenge because those guys can't ever win. The scene at the end, when they deliberately let Tory drown in the pool,was insane, they wouldn't even feel one ounce of remorse. They're so evil.
Cannot wait to read ZA2 to see how the girls will deal with them and what they went through. Praying for a good ol' revenge though.
My first book by this two authors and I fell in love ... I fell in love with Tory and Darius, I fell in love with the story.. I laugh.. a lot .. I cringe.. a lot too ..
It’s not a nice love story where everything is pink .. it’s hard and a real BULLY story .. but it’s amazing. The story is dark and addicting, the characters endearing and so funny, the romance is ... slow.. but we are going to wait...
I loved it !
- L'intrigue est inexistante : j'espérais qu'il s'agisse d'un tome de mise en place par passer aux choses sérieuses dans le tome 2, mais les avis montrent clairement que le tome suivant est encore dénué d'intrigue. Le côté bully semble être là pour remplir les creux et l'absence de progression.
- L'écriture est vraiment en-dessous de ce qu'on peut attendre d'un roman commercialisé. Il semble n'y avoir ni correction, ni relecture, ni même d'attention sur les tournures de phrases et concordance de temps.
- Les héroïnes semblent hélas dénuées d'intelligence, c'est difficilement supportable. Des mecs essaient de les tuer en permanence mais ils sont tellement sexy, oublions tout et fonçons dans tous les pièges ! Elles ne se renseignent également jamais sur leurs parents, leur héritage, ce monde... Elles devraient passer leur vie à la bibliothèque pour apprendre, s'entraîner pendant des heures pour espérer survivre, demander de l'aide à leurs quelques amis ! Je ne comprends pas ce choix narratif de les rendre aussi peu réfléchies, à part pour faire traîner l'histoire en longueur, ce que les autrices semblent très bien maîtriser hélas.
- Les beaux gosses sont creux... Tout le monde est stéréotypé, on nous ressert le fameux couplet "ils sont horribles mais tellement beaux et c'est la faute de leurs méchants papounets".
- Les jumelles sont tellement similaires, j'étais constamment perdue entre leurs deux points de vue car elles n'ont aucune identité. Ah si pardon, Tory est un peu plus dure à cuire et Darcy croit davantage à l'astro... voilà, merci.
C'est dommage parce que certaines idées étaient sympathiques.
- Le lien entre magie et signe astrologique : sauf qu'il n'est pas franchement exploité car finalement c'est plutôt "l'ordre" auquel on appartient (loup, vampire, sirène etc) qui prend le pas, mais il y avait des détails vraiment intéressants. On ne sait toujours pas ce que sont les jumelles à la fin du tome 1, ni du tome 2 si j'ai bien compris (toujours ce truc de traîner en longueur)
- Un monde qui se veut cruel : un parti-pris intéressant mais mal géré. C'est présenté avec davantage de subtilité dans d'autres romans, alors que dans ZA on assiste uniquement à des agressions permanentes comme le prof qui fracasse la tête des gens sur les tables et contre les murs sous prétexte que "les Faes prennent ce qu'ils veulent"
- Les montées en température : les autrices savent créer des situations sexy, mais c'est gâché par le fait qu'on s'attend systématiquement au revers de bâton (sans mauvais jeu de mots)
Je comprends que cette série devienne un genre de "plaisir coupable" pour certaines personnes, mais je n'ai pas le courage de poursuivre. Le monde littéraire est déjà plein de beaux gosses aux abdos d'acier, avec des personnages travaillés et des intrigues qui ne s'étendent pas artificiellement sur moults tomes.
Meilleurs commentaires provenant d’autres pays
Note that there is a novella before this book. However, I recommend reading it after book 3 if you want to go completely blind and discover parts of the story at the same time as our heroines.
So, what is the story about? Darcy and Tory are twins that have lived all their lives in the mortal world from foster home to foster home. One night, Professor Orion appears in their tiny apartment and they discover that:
1. They are Fae that belong to Solaria, the Fae world.
2. They are princesses, heirs of the throne.
3. They possess magic
As they are Royals, their inheritance is massive but they need to graduate from Zodiac Academy in order to get access to it. However, the 4 Celestial Houses are currently ruling Solaria since the twins’ parents died and their Heirs are also studying in Zodiac. As they want to rule in the future they will make the twins’ life hell so they drop out and they go back to the mortal world. This is why the book is considered a bully romance and you will want to punch some people’s faces.
The book is written from the twins POV. I love their characters, they are so different but they are strong together and they complement each other. My favourite is Darcy as I can relate more to her personality. They are the strength of this book, seeing their bond and how they overcome all the obstacles that they throw on their way.
The world-building is amazing and, as you can imagine by the name, it is heavily influenced by Astrology. Fae have Elemental Powers linked to their Zodiac: Earth, Fire, Air and Water. The Academy is split in 4 Houses linked to each power and each Heir is the Head of one House.
Also Fae have Order forms, so you can find Vampires, Werewolves, Sirens, Dragons and multiple more.
The romance is very slow-burn and you won’t even know who the love interests are as there are a few options for each of the girls. My favourites hands down are Darcy and Professor Orion, I guess I am a sucker for forbidden romance! They give me all the feelings!
This was my first book from Caroline and Susanne. I love their writing style and how they really spend time developing the characters so you really care about them. I highly recommend you to check their series Ruthless Boys and Darkmore Penitentiary once you finish with Zodiac as they are based in the same world and there is some character crossover. Zodiac is NOT a Reverse Harem, however the other two series are.
This was my first bully romance, and its safe to say my last. The first half of this book was just blood rape, abuse, and extreme bulling. Consent was nonexistent! Then two of the worst bullies are meant to be love interests. I’m sorry but no. There is no redeeming them in any way that would make a relationship plausible.
Now the book wasn’t all bad. I loved the sisters and their bond. The world was interesting and the magic system fresh and exciting. That being said it wasn’t enough to overlook the abuse and the unhealthy forming relationship. These girls are victims.
Zodiac Awakening is a great world building book, with kick ass heroines and a great variety of man candy to choose from.
Note: not RH like their other series but go for it even so, especially if you enjoy their other RH series.
I came across these Authors by a complete random fluke as I was looking at potential new reads from different Facebook groups and loved the idea and concept of this book. Storey story is well told and difficult to put down after the first few chapters. I love most Academy Books but not always the bullying ones as they can be a bit much and really which self-respecting heroine falls in love with someone who has been evil to her. To be fair the bullying in this one actually works and isnt OTT.
I don’t think this is a RH which is good as makes it stand above a lot of the other Academy books out there. For something a little different this book is well worth a read and within a few chapters you will be hooked as the storey is really good, well defined characters and brilliant moments through out the book that drag you in deeper leaving you definitely wanting book 2, there is also a prequel that I have just found which I am off to read ..
So when a mysterious man turns up and whisks them away to another world - the Fae world - they wonder if they’re going crazy.
Apparently they’re the long lost children of the last king and queen, and rightful heirs to the throne. All they have to do is graduate from Zodiac Academy, and they will earn their inheritance (plus the throne that neither of them want).
One small problem? The Heirs. Four insanely hot, but horrible bullies who were in line to rule together as a foursome. They feel threatened by the girls and their right to the throne. It doesn’t matter that Darcy and Tory have no interest, the Fae way means that if they can harness their powers, they will take the throne regardless of their own wishes.
Well it looks like I’ll be binge reading another series! There is so much intrigue and mystery in this book that I can’t help but need to know what happens next.
Who can they really trust? What is their Order? When will they finally gain the upper hand over the jerks at this school? Speaking of which, what kind of school allows their students to almost kill one another without repercussion?
The only reason I’m not giving it five stars is because of a couple of small inconsistencies, and the girls seemed to be very accepting of the situation very quickly, like minimum freak out. 𝙊𝙝 𝙝𝙚𝙮, 𝙬𝙚’𝙫𝙚 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙬𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙚 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙘 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚𝙨 𝙚𝙭𝙞𝙨𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪’𝙧𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙚. 𝙊𝙝 𝙤𝙠 𝙘𝙤𝙤𝙡. 𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙩’𝙨 𝙬𝙚𝙞𝙧𝙙 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙮 𝙣𝙤𝙩. And yet they’re skeptical of so many other things? I guess that actually ties in to the whole small inconsistencies thing though.
Otherwise, a truly immersive read with a hell of a hook for an ending.