|Prix livre imprimé :||EUR 46,11|
|Prix Kindle :|| EUR 30,94 |
Économisez EUR 15,17 (33%)
Utilisation de l'appareil photo de votre téléphone portable - scannez le code ci-dessous et téléchargez l'application Kindle.
Engineering Design Methods: Strategies for Product Design (English Edition) 5e Édition, Format Kindle
A revised text that presents specific design methods within an overall strategy from concept to detail design
The fifth edition of Engineering Design Methods is an improved and updated version of this very successful, classic text on engineering product design. It provides an overview of design activities and processes, detailed descriptions and examples of how to use key design methods, and outlines design project strategies and management techniques. Written by a noted expert on the topic, the new edition contains an enriched variety of examples and case studies, and up to date material on design thinking and the development of design expertise.
This new edition opens with a compelling original case study of a revolutionary new city-car design by ex-Formula One designer Gordon Murray. The study illustrates the complete development of a novel design and brings to life the process of design, from concept through to prototype. The core of the book presents detailed instructions and examples for using design methods throughout the design process, ranging from identifying new product opportunities, through establishing functions and setting requirements, to generating, evaluating and improving alternative designs. This important book:
- Offers a revised and updated edition of an established, successful text on understanding the design process and using design methods
- Includes new material on design thinking and design ability and new examples of the use of design methods
- Presents clear, detailed and illustrated presentations of eight key design methods in engineering product design
Written for undergraduates and postgraduates across all fields of engineering and product design, the fifth edition of Engineering Design Methods offers an updated, substantial, and reliable text on product design and innovation.
Description du produit
Biographie de l'auteur
Nigel Cross is Emeritus Professor of Design Studies at The Open University, UK, where he pioneered distance learning in design. He was also Professor of Design Methodology at Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands. He has an international reputation in design education and research in design methodology, design thinking, design expertise and the nature of design ability.--Ce texte fait référence à l'édition paperback.
Détails sur le produit
- ASIN : B08V948M4M
- Éditeur : Wiley; 5e édition (26 janvier 2021)
- Langue : Anglais
- Taille du fichier : 32240 KB
- Utilisation simultanée de l'appareil : Jusqu'à 3 appareils simultanés, selon les limites de l'éditeur
- Synthèse vocale : Activée
- Lecteur d’écran : Pris en charge
- Confort de lecture : Activé
- X-Ray : Non activée
- Word Wise : Non activé
- Nombre de pages de l'édition imprimée : 202 pages
- Pagination - ISBN de l'édition imprimée de référence : 1119724376
- Commentaires client :
À propos de l'auteur
Meilleurs commentaires provenant d’autres pays
- excellent overview of design procedures from conceptualization to actualization
- integrates some concepts from design thinking
- provides some good examples and clear instructions on how to use each framework
Would have liked the author to focus on 2-4 different examples through the book to show how different frameworks would have dealt with the same problem differently. More challenges or exercises with online content would have been very helpful.
(Anyone in a professional setting would benefit from this book as a quick refresher on various design frameworks that can be used to pressure test ones assumptions. Overall, a well organized book that may be sufficient for a freshman/sophomore in engineering disciplines).
He says it’s well written and easy to understand and he’s excited about what he’s learning from it.