Auteurs similaires à suivre
Gérer vos suivis
Les clients ont aussi acheté des articles de
Mises à jour de l'auteur
The CompTIA Security+ Get Certified Get Ahead SY0-601 Study Guide is an update to the top-selling SY0-201, SY0-301, SY0-401, and SY0-501 study guides, which have helped thousands of readers pass the exam the first time they took it.
Free Online Resources
Buyers have access to free online resources, including:
- Additional free practice test questions using an online testing engine via your browser
- Free online labs, including a lab to create a bootable USB to boot into Linux
- Downloadable free extras such as a Glossary, Acronyms list, Command Line basics, Log basics and more
- Chapter 1 Exam Topic Review Online References
- Chapter 2 Exam Topic Review Online References
- And elsewhere throughout the book.
1.3 Given a scenario, analyze potential indicators associated with application attacks.
- Request forgeries Chapter 7
- Server-side Chapter 7
- Cross-site Chapter7
- CSRF (Cross-site request forgery) 265
This book includes the same elements readers raved about in the previous versions. Each of the eleven chapters presents topics in an easy-to-understand manner and includes real-world examples of security principles in action. The author uses many of the same analogies and explanations that he honed in the classroom that have helped hundreds of students master the Security+ content.
As an example, test-takers sometimes have trouble understanding captive portals, which is a highly testable topic. Darril explains captive portals and then provides real-world examples showing how organizations use them to provide users with free Internet access, and sometimes for paid internet access.
With this study guide, you’ll understand the important and relevant security topics for the Security+ exam without being overloaded with unnecessary details. Additionally, each chapter includes a comprehensive Exam Topic Review section to help you focus on what’s important.
Over 300 realistic practice test questions with in-depth explanations will help you test your comprehension and readiness for the exam. The study guide includes a 75-question pre-test, a 75-question post-test, and practice test questions at the end of every chapter. Each practice test question includes a detailed explanation helping you understand why the correct answers are correct and why the incorrect answers are incorrect. You'll also have access to free online resources including labs and additional practice test questions. Using these resources, you’ll be ready to take and pass the exam the first time you take it.
CISSP Study Guide - fully updated for the 2021 CISSP Body of Knowledge
(ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Official Study Guide, 9th Edition has been completely updated based on the latest 2021 CISSP Exam Outline. This bestselling Sybex Study Guide covers 100% of the exam objectives. You'll prepare for the exam smarter and faster with Sybex thanks to expert content, knowledge from our real-world experience, advice on mastering this adaptive exam, access to the Sybex online interactive learning environment, and much more. Reinforce what you've learned with key topic exam essentials and chapter review questions.
The three co-authors of this book bring decades of experience as cybersecurity practitioners and educators, integrating real-world expertise with the practical knowledge you’ll need to successfully pass the CISSP exam. Combined, they’ve taught cybersecurity concepts to millions of students through their books, video courses, and live training programs.
Along with the book, you also get access to Sybex's superior online interactive learning environment that includes:
- Over 900 new and improved practice test questions with complete answer explanations. This includes all of the questions from the book plus four additional online-only practice exams, each with 125 unique questions. You can use the online-only practice exams as full exam simulations. Our questions will help you identify where you need to study more. Get more than 90 percent of the answers correct, and you're ready to take the certification exam.
- More than 700 Electronic Flashcards to reinforce your learning and give you last-minute test prep before the exam
- A searchable glossary in PDF to give you instant access to the key terms you need to know for the exam
- New for the 9th edition: Audio Review. Author Mike Chapple reads the Exam Essentials for each chapter providing you with 2 hours and 50 minutes of new audio review for yet another way to reinforce your knowledge as you prepare.
Coverage of all of the exam topics in the book means you'll be ready for:
- Security and Risk Management
- Asset Security
- Security Architecture and Engineering
- Communication and Network Security
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Security Operations
- Software Development Security
Pass the First Time.
July 31 2021 is the last day to take the SY0-501 exam. I'm leaving the Kindle edition of this book available because people with Kindle Unlimited can access it for free. It doesn't cover all of the exam objectives for the SY0-601 exam but covers many of the basics. The CompTIA Security+ Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-601 Study Guide covers the new exam.
The CompTIA Security+ Get Certified Get Ahead SY0-501 Study Guide is an update to the top-selling SY0-201, SY0-301, and SY0-401 study guides, which have helped thousands of readers pass the exam the first time they took it.
It covers all of the SY0-501 objectives and includes the same elements readers raved about in the previous two versions. Each of the eleven chapters presents topics in an easy-to-understand manner and includes real-world examples of security principles in action. The author uses many of the same analogies and explanations he’s honed in the classroom that have helped hundreds of students master the Security+ content.
You’ll understand the important and relevant security topics for the Security+ exam, without being overloaded with unnecessary details. Additionally, each chapter includes a comprehensive review section to help you focus on what’s important.
Over 300 realistic practice test questions with in-depth explanations will help you test your comprehension and readiness for the exam. The book includes a 75 question pre-test, a 75 question post-test, and practice test questions at the end of every chapter. Each practice test question includes a detailed explanation to help you understand the content and the reasoning behind the question. You'll also have access to free online resources including labs and additional practice test questions. Using all of these resources, you’ll be ready to take and pass the exam the first time you take it.
If you plan to pursue any of the advanced security certifications, this guide will also help you lay a solid foundation of security knowledge. Learn this material, and you’ll be a step ahead for other exams. This SY0-501 study guide is for any IT or security professional interested in advancing in their field, and a must-read for anyone striving to master the basics of IT systems security.
This fast-paced,Learn the fundamentals of Python and practice problems.
Python is an easy to learn programming language with a wide variety of well-paying jobs in many fields, including data science, web development, and network programming. There couldn’t be a better time for you to join the world of Python!
Who this Book is for:
People interested in programming who have no prior programming experience
Newer Python programmers who need a refresher on Python
Students taking a Python class in school who want a supplementary learning resource
Anyone else who is interested in learning Python
Take the 2018 edition of the challenging Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) exam with confidence using the detailed information contained in this highly effective self-study guide. The book provides 100% coverage of the revised SSCP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) as developed by the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC)2.
Written by bestselling IT security certification author and trainer Darril Gibson, SSCP Systems Security Certified Practitioner All-in-One Exam Guide, Third Edition clearly explains all exam domains. You will get lists of topics covered at the beginning of each chapter, exam tips, practice exam questions, and in-depth answer explanations. Designed to help you pass the exam with ease, SSCP Systems Security Certified Practitioner All-in-One Exam Guide, Third Edition also serves as an essential on-the-job reference.
•Features 100% coverage of every objective on the SSCP exam•Electronic content includes 250+ practice questions and a secured book PDF•Written by an industry-recognized expert and experienced trainer
Would you like to enjoy more happiness, contentment, and success in your life?
It’s easier than you might think. A life filled with happiness and contentment is waiting for you and you can get a step closer by implementing just a few simple principles outlined in this life lessons book.
20 Years in the Making
Darril Gibson started writing this book in 1996, while publishing a quarterly newsletter titled “On The Path.” It just wouldn’t come together back then.
A lot has happened in the two decades since he started the book. For one thing, he has authored or co-authored more than 40 books and is now in his dream vocation as a full-time author. He is living a fulfilled life filled with happiness and success and knows that you can too.
Written in Three Months
The book starting calling to him again in late 2015. Darril decided to rewrite it and include the knowledge he's gained in the last two decades.
Happily, the book came together quite easily this time and almost wrote itself.
It identifies seven simple principles that you can implement in your life to bring you a step closer to living a fulfilled life. These are the same principles he's implemented in his life that have contributed to his successes. Each chapter includes simple exercises you can use to gain a better understanding of these principles and implement them in your life.
You'll find that this book is easy to read, but don’t be fooled. The underlying principles are powerful and can bring you a step closer to the life of your dreams.
Get a solid understanding of the core networking components covered in the CompTIA Network+ N10-006 exam. This Get Certified Get Ahead Kindle Short includes the following topics directly related to N10-006 objectives:
* Understanding Common Network Components
* Comparing LANS, WANS, and VPN
* Identifying Network Topologies
* Planning and Implementing a Basic Network
* Understanding Numbering Systems
* Staying Safe
This Kindle Short gives you what you need to master these topics and help you pass the CompTIA Network+ exam the first time you take it.
Some common networking components include switches, routers, access points, and firewalls. They are used in LANs, CANs, WANs, and VPNs within a variety of different network topologies such as Star, Ring, Mesh, and Bus topologies. Network technicians need to understand these topics to successfully plan and be able to implement a small network.
Test your readiness with 23 realistic practice test questions on the following Network+ objectives:
1.1 Explain the functions and applications of various network devices.
1.6 Differentiate between common network topologies.
1.7 Differentiate between network infrastructure implementations.
1.8 Given a scenario, implement and configure the appropriate addressing schema.
1.12 Given a set of requirements, implement a basic network.
2.6 Given a scenario, configure a switch using proper features.
5.2 Explain the basics of network theory and concepts.
5.6 Summarize safety practices.
This book also includes 10 bonus questions and 10 flashcards from other Network+ topics.
Each question includes in-depth explanations so that you’ll know why the correct answer is correct and why the incorrect answers are incorrect.
This Kindle Short will be part of the full CompTIA Network+ Get Certified Get Ahead Study Guide written in the same style as the top selling CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead Study Guide. It includes the following sections:
- Introduction. Full description of the Network+ exam letting you know what you can expect when you take it. The introduction includes a section on the question types you can expect including information on the performance based questions.
- Assessment questions. A short 8-question assessment exam with realistic practice test questions to help you assess your understanding of key topics. All questions have in-depth explanations and this Kindle Short covers the content in more depth.
- Full chapter: “Understanding Common Networking Components.” A full chapter covering the following topics:
* Understanding Common Network Components
* Comparing LANS, WANS, and VPN
* Identifying Network Topologies
* Planning and Implementing a Basic Network
* Understanding Numbering Systems
* Staying Safe
The chapter includes "Remember This" text boxes throughout to help you focus on what you need to know for the exam.
- Exam review. Review key testable information with this concise review section.
- End of chapter practice test questions. 15 realistic practice test questions at the end of the chapter. Use these questions to test your understanding of the objectives covered in this Kindle short. The explanations help you master the content so that you can answer questions on the live exam no matter how CompTIA words them.
- Bonus Network+ practice test questions. 10 more realistic practice test questions from other topics in the Network+ exam.
This fully-updated, integrated self-study system offers complete coverage of the revised 2015 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) exam domains
Thoroughly revised for the April 2015 exam update, SSCP Systems Security Certified Practitioner All-in-One Exam Guide, Second Edition enables you to take the exam with complete confidence. To aid in self-study, each chapter includes Exam Tips that highlight key exam information, chapter summaries that reinforce salient points, and end-of-chapter questions that are an accurate reflection of the content and question format of the real exam.
Beyond exam prep, the practical examples and real-world insights offered in this guide make it an ideal on-the-job reference for IT security professionals. You will learn the security concepts, tools, and procedures needed to employ and enforce solid security policies and effectively react to security incidents.
- Features 100% coverage of the revised SSCP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK), effective April 2015
- Electronic content contains two full-length, customizable practice exams in the Total Tester exam engine
- Written by a bestselling IT security certification and training expert
Combined, these study materials will help you take and pass the Network+ exam the first time you take it. If you want to test your readiness for the Network+ exam and reinforce the important material, this Kindle eBook is for you.
Updated with information about the new performance based questions. While performance based questions cannot be simulated in a Kindle ebook, this updated edition does provide key information about these questions including links to up-to-date pages about them.
All practice test questions include in-depth explanations to help you understand why the correct answers are correct, and why the incorrect answers are incorrect. Master the material and no matter how CompTIA words the questions, you’ll be able to answer them correctly.
The book is organized in five chapters matched to the five Network+ domains. Each chapter includes four sections:
1. Quiz Mode Section. This section includes practice test questions including answers formatted specifically for the Kindle. One Kindle screen shows the question. When you decide what you think is the correct answer, go to the next Kindle screen to see the correct answer and the in-depth explanation.
2. Flash cards formatted specifically for the Kindle to help reinforce important concepts. One Kindle screen shows a flash card type question and the next Kindle screen shows the answer.
3. Practice mode section. Includes practice test questions without answers. This section repeats the questions in the quiz mode section but the answers are not readily available. You can use this to test yourself to see if you know why the correct answers are correct, and why the incorrect answers are incorrect.
4. Review mode section. Includes practice test questions with answers. This section combines the questions, answers, and explanations so you can use it as a last minute review for any of the domains.
The introduction includes details on the exam to give you an idea of what to expect. Additionally, all of the relevant acronyms are spelled out in the explanations and flashcard answers.
If you want to test your readiness for the Security+ (SY0-401) exam and reinforce the important material, this Kindle book is for you.
The book is organized in six chapters matched to the six Security+ domains. Each chapter includes at least three sections:
- Practice test questions without answers. Created for readers that want to go through all the questions without seeing the correct answers or explanations.
- Practice test questions including answers formatted for the Kindle. One Kindle screen shows the question. When you decide what you think is the correct answer, go to the next Kindle screen to see the correct answer. Each question includes an in-depth explanation so you'll know why the correct answers are correct, and why the incorrect answers are incorrect.
- Flash cards formatted specifically for the Kindle to help reinforce important concepts. One Kindle screen shows a flash card type question and the next Kindle screen shows the answer.
Some chapters include a fourth section. For example, Chapter 1 includes two tables related to the Network Security domain. One table lists all the relevant ports and protocols you need to use for the Security+ exam and a second table lists the layers of the OSI model along with relevant protocols and devices.
The introduction includes details on the exam to give you an idea of what to expect including a section on performance-based questions and a strategy of how to answer these questions. Additionally, the acronym list at the end of the book provides relevant details on the acronyms referenced in the Security+ exam.
All of today’s help desk support skills, in one easy-to-understand book
The perfect beginner’s guide: No help desk or support experience necessary
Covers both “soft” personal skills and “hard” technical skills
Explains the changing role of help desk professionals in the modern support center
Today, everyone depends on technology–and practically everyone needs help to use it well. Organizations deliver that assistance through help desks. This guide brings together all the knowledge you need to succeed in any help desk or technical support role, prepare for promotion, and succeed with the support-related parts of other IT jobs. Leading technology instructor Darril Gibson tours the modern help desk, explains what modern support professionals really do, and fully covers both of the skill sets you’ll need: technical and personal. In clear and simple language, he discusses everything from troubleshooting specific problems to working with difficult users. You’ll even learn how to manage a help desk, so it works better and delivers more value.
• How the modern help desk has evolved
• Understanding your users’ needs, goals, and attitudes
• Walking through the typical help desk call
• Communicating well: listening actively and asking better questions
• Improving interactions and handling difficult situations
• Developing positive attitudes, and “owning” the problem
• Managing your time and stress
• Supporting computers, networks, smartphones, and tablets
• Finding the technical product knowledge you need
• Protecting the security of your users, information, and devices
• Defining, diagnosing, and solving problems, step by step
• Writing it up: from incident reports to documentation
• Working in teams to meet the goals of the business
• Using ITIL to improve the services you provide
• Calculating help desk costs, benefits, value, and performance
• Taking control of your support career
Powerful features make it easier to learn about help desk careers!
• Clear introductions describe the big ideas and show how they fit with what you’ve already learned
• Specific chapter objectives tell you exactly what you need to learn
• Key Terms lists help you identify important terms and a complete Glossary helps you understand them
• Author’s Notes and On The Side features help you go deeper into the topic if you want to
• Chapter Review tools and activities help you make sure you’ve learned the material
Exclusive Mind Mapping activities!
• Organize important ideas visually–in your mind, in your words
• Learn more, remember more
• Understand how different ideas fit together