Dark Fae: Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac, Book 1 Livres audio Audible – Version intégrale
|Neuf à partir de||Occasion à partir de|
Livres audio Audible, Version intégrale
|Gratuit avec l'offre d'essai Audible|
What do a heartless Dragon Shifter, a cold-blooded Basilisk, an arrogant Lion Shifter, and a brooding, tattooed Harpy have in common…?
Elise Callisto. Vampire. Angel of vengeance. And a girl on a mission to destroy one of them for murdering my brother. I just don’t know which one did it yet.
When I kicked the ass of a Werewolf who was high on a new and dangerous drug called Killblaze, his final words painted a dark reality for me. The King of Aurora Academy killed my brother. The trouble is, there’s four kings at that school, and each of them have motive and cutthroat natures.
Aurora Academy isn’t a place for the faint of heart. To put it lightly, my town is the asshole of Solaria where the dodgiest Fae in the kingdom reside. The school itself is divided by the two gangs who run this town, The Lunar Brotherhood and the Oscura Clan. And guess what? Two of the kings run the gangs at the school, their hatred for each other so fierce I hear a day doesn’t go by without blood being spilled in the halls.
I might be a petite, lilac-haired girl who looks like a fragile doll, but they haven’t been introduced to my fangs yet. And they don’t know why I’m really here. Or that I’ll do whatever it takes to bring down the Fae who took my flesh and blood from me.
I don’t believe in fate, but I do know this…the King who killed my brother is a dead man walking. And I’m prepared to sacrifice my heart, body and soul to ensure I get my revenge.
This is a reverse harem series set in the world of Zodiac Academy four years before the Vega Twins were awakened. Expect some character cross-over, dark and hot romance, and a twisted murder mystery which will leave your head spinning.
- Écoutez en illimité un large choix de livres audio, créations & podcasts Audible Original et histoires pour enfants.
- Recevez 1 crédit audio par mois à échanger contre le titre de votre choix - ce titre vous appartient.
- Résiliez à tout moment.
- Gratuit avec l'offre d'essai, ensuite 9,95€ /mois.
Détails sur le produit
|Durée||14 heures et 13 minutes|
|Auteur||Caroline Peckham, Susanne Valenti|
|Narrateur||Keira Stevens, Troy Duran|
|Date de publication sur Audible.fr||24 décembre 2020|
|Éditeur||Caroline Peckham, Susanne Valenti|
|Type de programme||Livre audio|
|Classement des meilleures ventes d'Amazon|| 12,097 en Livres et œuvres originales Audible (Voir les 100 premiers en Livres et œuvres originales Audible) |
219 en Fantasy pour adolescents
4,098 en Fantasy et terreur pour adolescents
61,334 en Anglais
Meilleures évaluations de France
Un problème s'est produit lors du filtrage des commentaires. Veuillez réessayer ultérieurement.
This story takes place in the same universe as Zodiac Academy so this alone had me 😍 We follow Élise whose brother had died in mysterious circumstances, she goes to his previous school and take his place where she will meet the four main suspect
Ryder a basilisk ( can't stop thinking about the basilisk in harry potter each time he get mentioned 😅) who is the head of the lunar brotherhood at the academy
Dante a gemini and a dragon shifter.
Sinba ( hum hum I mean Leon sorry 😓) whom although is not my favorite I like all the Leon kings reference he can get 😂😂
And Gabriel a harpy.
I really liked to have Gareth point of view, it give information about what happen to him that only reader know about and we are dying to figure out the whole truth along with Élise
What I love the most in this story is all the little details, like the different crowns for each of the kings and a mask for Élise.
For once I read the original story before the spin off so I was overwhelmed with reference to Z. A
Ps I love how they make a big deal of Gabriel having two power and that is was uncommon in their area I was just like : that's a basic in za just wait for the twins.
PPS : Ryder has a motorcycle so it would be so fun do to a cross over where Tory steals it.
Meilleurs commentaires provenant d’autres pays
• It draws me in on the initial reading where I don’t feel compelled to skim any parts and I feel that nervous energy while reading where you are so enthralled with what is happening and the characters that you feel genuinely excited to be a voyeur into their world
• When I can’t stop thinking about it after I’ve read it
• When I buy it. I read a lot from KU but if I turn around and buy the book, it’s a 5-star
• When I search almost daily for the next release like an obsessed person (cause I am 😉)
• When I find truly unique elements to a story. Regardless of the genre most concepts seem to just repeat (again and again and again) with minor tweaks but nothing really fresh or new. I LOVE when I stumble upon a truly new take on something.
I read a lot, but I wouldn’t say that I come across the experience above all that often (unfortunately ☹). IMO, there are a lot of good books but not a lot of GREAT. I’m here to tell you that Dark FAE is among the greats for the following reasons (and more).
• Fantastic writing (low/no distracting grammatical errors),
• Story building and flow (this book moves between points of view and timelines but it does it flawlessly where you never lose track of where you are or who you are with – that takes some serious skill!)
• Pacing (sometimes books move too slow or two fast, this one is perfectly paced)
• Character development – too often books don’t take the time to really warm you up to the characters so you end up being invested only in one or two (or none). That is not the case with this book. These characters are going to intrigue you and capture you and not let you go.
• A real plot! While we all enjoy the heat and steam of a romance, a five-star book needs a real story to keep your attention. This one has a gripping story. One of loss and heartbreak, not just for the fmc but also for several of the other characters. There are multiple stories within this story but you will quickly see how they are blending into one larger story that will keep you guessing and hoping with just the perfect amount of humor, angst and excitement
• Perfect amount of steam, heat and building romance – cause let’s be honest, most of us reading in this genre are also looking for the thrill, heat and steam of characters that spark off each other in the smexiest of ways…
Quick intro to the primary characters
• Elise (fmc) – IMHO, Elise is one of the most perfectly balanced fmc’s I have read in a long time. I hate fmc’s that are victims. I much prefer a strong fmc who knows her mind and does not bow easily. Elise is fierce but not proud, she is badass but also vulnerable. You can really feel in this book that she has a focused mission and outside of that she has drifted into an apathetic state about life and her future beyond exacting vengeance for the tragic loss of her brother. Seeing life to start to spark in her again as the story progresses is beautiful.
• Gareth (Elise’s brother) – Gareth is such an interesting character. Technically by the start of the book you already know that Gareth is dead. You might logically assume that since he is dead, that’s where his story ends and you won’t come to know or feel much for him. This is where these authors did something truly unique. Gareth is a significant character in this book and he tells his own story along the way. You are going to genuinely like Gareth as you come to know him (you may even start to love him). Gareth is so real in this story that your heart is going to break over and over when you remind yourself that he is gone. As the story progressed, I started to become both impressed and seriously miffed that these authors made me fall in love with someone that has no HEA. Still have to give it to these ladies for doing something unexpected that really makes you feel.
• General thoughts on the males - this is an RH with four potential guys as the love interests – Leon, Dante, Ryder, Gabriel. What is super interesting about the men in the story is that they are so very different. Each of them affects Elise in a very different way. These are not your standard trope males typically found in an RH. They are each so “real” with their own story to tell as part of this bigger story. I usually quickly begin to favor one or two guys above the rest but in this book at least, there is so much character development with each guy and they are so very different from each other (with blazing chemistry sparking off of the fmc as well as each other (not in an m/m way but more in a adversaries or friendship way – still gripping chemistry though), I think you will have a hard time establishing favorites in this first book.
• Leon – Adjectives for Leon are funny, sweet (and hot – of course all of the guys are 😉). This guy is surprisingly funny, not just in his jokes but in how he thinks and how he acts. He’s not trying, he is just genuinely hilarious. He is going to change Elise as much as she will change him. He will bring light into her world and she will bring a bit of reality into his. You’re going to love this guy. Trust me.
• Dante – Adjective is Sexy. OMG… check out chapter 22 and then check your pulse. Side note, Dante speaks a fair amount of Italian phrases in this book and the authors don’t translate them (which I surprisingly LOVED!) Each time I would find a phrase in the book I would go out to google and translate it. Translating these phrases was like finding unexpected treasures in the book.
• Ryder – Adjectives are Intense and DARK. I read a fair bit of dark in my novels and RYDER is a different type of dark than I have ever seen in one of the lead males in an RH before.
• Gabriel – Adjective is Mysterious. You’re going to have a bit of whiplash from this character and likely you won’t know what to think of him by the end of the book.
A few of my favorite quotes (I have dozens)
“Shit Leo, you’re gone be one fat old man,” I commented as I watched the weird display unfolding. [Elise]
“It’s my Lion charisma,” he complained halfheartedly. “It makes women crazy for me, I can’t help it. Call it animal magnetism. I can’t switch it off, it just works.” [Leon]
“Not on me,” I disagreed, though I had to admit that I was drawn to him. That came with zero desire to start folding his undies into neat stacks or feeding him by hand. [Elise]
“You…splendi piu luminoso di tutte le stelle nel cielo, bella,” he said with a smile that made my stomach do a backflip even though I didn’t know what it meant. [Dante speaking to Elise]
“Stop eye-effing my date, man” Leon teased, thumping Dante squarely in the bicep and drawing his attention away from me. “And don’t use that foreign pantie dropping crap on her either.” [Leon speaking to Dante]
If you like romance with a strong story and characters that really grab you and don’t let go, click this book. If you’ve been on the fence at all for reading this book either because it is an RH and that’s not your thing or you don’t go in for fantasy, I encourage you to put aside those thoughts. Read even just the first two chapters and I dare you to stop.
It is set in the same universe as the Zodiac Academy series (Solaria), but this series can be read first. A suggested reading order is in publication order across the 3 interconnected series (Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac, Zodiac Academy and Darkmore Penitentiary).
This series, takes place five years before Zodiac Academy book one and features a FMC called Elise who is is a vampire.
It is a murder mystery RH as Elise tries to find out who killed her brother. Elise is a fantastic FMC who is strong and not afraid to go after what she wants, including the 4 Kings of Aurora Academy.
Introducing: Leon the lion shifter, Dante the storm dragon, Ryder the basilisk, and Gabriel the harpy. Only two of the guys in the harem are friends in this book which makes for some fun when Elise plays them off against each other.
Overall a fantastic start to a great series. The relationships start to build, there is sexy times from the start and it pulls you into wanting to know who killed Elisa's brother.
It wouldn't be a Caroline and Susanne book without a cliffhanger at the end, but it just sucks you in and makes you want to read more, which is what we all want in a book right!?
So I sometimes find in RH that the dynamics between the group are hard to get down, resulting in cringy or cliché relationships. This was not the case with Dark Fae. The multiple POV's between the female protagonist and the guys kept them all engaged in the storyline, afforded multiple perspectives, and also gave ample backstory to allow each one their own unique personality to shine through.
After Elise's brother, Gareth dies she has 3 goals in life:
1) find out who killed Gareth
2) kill that motherf**ker. Slowly.
3) figure out the rest of my life (presuming said murderer doesn't kill me first and I don't get caught.
The one clue she has about the person responsible is that they're a King. The only problem is, Aurora Academy has more than one and they are some of the underground's most powerful heirs.
From page 1, we know that Elise is strong and not just because she's a Vampire. She's suffered, she's grieving, and yet she also remembers the best of her brother and finds laughter with the guys. And this is worth the read just to see her run circles around them. The beginning is hilarious, as they all assume that she'll just fall into bed with them and their honest shock that she doesn't had me laughing. But I liked that she stayed true to herself and remained neutral in the cutthroat politics of the gang warfare at school. She meets every challenge thrown at her and offers more than a few of her own.
She's easy to respect and admire. She does toy with the guys, but she doesn't play with their hearts as we see her genuine care for them as she gets to know each one for who they are, past their gangs and family reps.
Was an enigma wrapped in shadows and wings. And my favorite out of the bunch. His dark and broody nature had me swooning. Without his POV, we probably wouldn't have a clue what was going on in his head but his special relationship with Elise had those warm tingly feelings going.
Was the storm dragon, heir to the Oscura clan and one of the most powerful King's at the Academy. It was hilarious to see the dance between him, Elise, Ryder, Gareth & Leon. The grudging respect and connection that he begins to form with Elise is worth reading as the story continues.
If we are going for the most dark and tortured character, Ryder would definitely take the cake. I mean, the guy literally has the word 'pain' tattooed on his hand. Really though, as we get glimpses of his past, all that bottled up rage kinda begins to make sense. The way Elise starts to crack his stony exterior though is captivating to see.
Definitely deserves the Golden Boy award. Right down to his surfer style looks, he's easily the most funny and charming out of the group. And his relationship with Elise is hilarious to watch as he finds himself, for the first time, on the receiving end of rejection.
This book had me hooked from chapter 1. The setting, the characters. This was an easy 5⭐️. My two favourite scenes in the book were the breakfast eggs and ketchup moment, and that very crowded time that Leon asked Elise to the spring formal. 🤣
I loved Elise, she was fiery, sassy, determined and was the only one to stand up to all four Kings of the Academy. The four guys.....Ryder, Dante, Gabriel and Leon..... what can I say about them. Most of them were a-holes a lot of the time, but the further the book progressed, we started to see the other side, the one they keep hidden from the world. I hated and loved them all at times (apart from Leon, he and his Mindys cracked me up. It was mad but he just made me smile!) they were all different, maddening, stubborn and powerful, but it's clear they all bring something unique that Elise is drawn to.
With a murder to solve and four suspects, with danger all around her, can Elise stay on track or will the four make her crack.....
Fantastic ending to a long book which had depth, detail and very good world building with a dash of humour, suspense and chemistry waiting to ignire. Am looking forward to what comes next.
4.25 elemental stars