Auteurs similaires à suivre
Gérer vos suivis
Mises à jour de l'auteur
Livres de Alireza Bahadori
Natural gas is considered the dominant worldwide bridge between fossil fuels of today and future resources of tomorrow. Thanks to the recent shale boom in North America, natural gas is in a surplus and quickly becoming a major international commodity. Stay current with conventional and now unconventional gas standards and procedures with Natural Gas Processing: Technology and Engineering Design. Covering the entire natural gas process, Bahadori's must-have handbook provides everything you need to know about natural gas, including:
- Fundamental background on natural gas properties and single/multiphase flow factors
- How to pinpoint equipment selection criteria, such as US and international standards, codes, and critical design considerations
- A step-by-step simplification of the major gas processing procedures, like sweetening, dehydration, and sulfur recovery
- Detailed explanation on plant engineering and design steps for natural gas projects, helping managers and contractors understand how to schedule, plan, and manage a safe and efficient processing plant
- Covers both conventional and unconventional gas resources such as coal bed methane and shale gas
- Bridges natural gas processing with basic and advanced engineering design of natural gas projects including real world case studies
- Digs deeper with practical equipment sizing calculations for flare systems, safety relief valves, and control valves
Unravels fundamental engineering for the treatment, recovery, and disposal of solid waste, sludge and wastewater in the petroleum, chemical, and unconventional oil and gas processing industries
This new edition unravels essential requirements for the process design and engineering of the equipment and facilities pertaining to waste management for gas refineries, chemical plants, oil terminals, and petrochemical plants.
Updated throughout, Waste Management in the Chemical and Petroleum Industries, Second Edition offers chapters on wastewater treatment; physical unit operations; chemical treatment; biological treatment; and wastewater treatment in unconventional oil and gas industries. It also covers wastewater sewer systems; sewage treatment; and solid waste treatment and disposal.
New topics include:
- water pollution terminals
- the design procedure for effluent water pollution control
- spill prevention and control
- groundwater pollution control
- wastewater pollution control in crude oil terminals
- Information on the source of polymeric plants
- examination of water and wastewater radioactivity
- soil pollution
- pipeline leak consequence evaluation
Waste Management in the Chemical and Petroleum Industries, Second Edition is an ideal text for researchers and advanced students in chemical, petroleum, and environmental fields, as well as for those in civil engineering.
Front-end construction waste strategies to serve as best practices to minimize waste generated by construction projects was the methodology selected for detailed research. The text also covers the primary sources of construction waste. The book is ideal for civil and construction engineers as well as project developers; managers and public sector waste management specialists.
Fundamentals of Enhanced Oil and Gas Recovery from Conventional and Unconventional Reservoirs delivers the proper foundation on all types of currently utilized and upcoming enhanced oil recovery, including methods used in emerging unconventional reservoirs. Going beyond traditional secondary methods, this reference includes advanced water-based EOR methods which are becoming more popular due to CO2 injection methods used in EOR and methods specific to target shale oil and gas activity. Rounding out with a chapter devoted to optimizing the application and economy of EOR methods, the book brings reservoir and petroleum engineers up-to-speed on the latest studies to apply.
Enhanced oil recovery continues to grow in technology, and with ongoing unconventional reservoir activity underway, enhanced oil recovery methods of many kinds will continue to gain in studies and scientific advancements. Reservoir engineers currently have multiple outlets to gain knowledge and are in need of one product go-to reference.
- Explains enhanced oil recovery methods, focusing specifically on those used for unconventional reservoirs
- Includes real-world case studies and examples to further illustrate points
- Creates a practical and theoretical foundation with multiple contributors from various backgrounds
- Includes a full range of the latest and future methods for enhanced oil recovery, including chemical, waterflooding, CO2 injection and thermal
Fluid Phase Behavior for Conventional and Unconventional Oil and Gas Reservoirs delivers information on the role of PVT (pressure-volume-temperature) tests/data in various aspects, in particular reserve estimation, reservoir modeling, flow assurance, and enhanced oil recovery for both conventional and unconventional reservoirs.
This must-have reference also prepares engineers on the importance of PVT tests, how to evaluate the data, develop an effective management plan for flow assurance, and gain perspective of flow characterization, with a particular focus on shale oil, shale gas, gas hydrates, and tight oil making.
This book is a critical resource for today’s reservoir engineer, helping them effectively manage and maximize a company’s oil and gas reservoir assets.
- Provides tactics on reservoir phase behavior and dynamics with new information on shale oil and gas hydrates
- Helps readers Improve on the effect of salt concentration and application to C02-Acid Gas Disposal with content on water-hydrocarbon systems
- Provides practical experience with PVT and tuning of EOS with additional online excel spreadsheet examples
Shale Oil and Gas Handbook: Theory, Technologies, and Challenges provides users with information on how shale oil and gas exploration has revolutionized today’s energy industry. As activity has boomed and job growth continues to increase, training in this area for new and experienced engineers is essential.
This book provides comprehensive information on both the engineering design and research aspects of this emerging industry. Covering the full spectrum of basic definitions, characteristics, drilling techniques, and processing and extraction technologies, the book is a great starting point to educate oil and gas personnel on today’s shale industry.
Critical topics covered include characterization of shale gas, theory and methods, typical costs, and obstacles for exploration and drilling, R&D and technology development in shale production, EOR methods in shale oil reservoirs, and the current status and impending challenges for shale oil and gas, including the inevitable future prospects relating to worldwide development.
- Reveals all the basic information needed to quickly understand today’s shale oil and gas industry, including advantages and disadvantages, equipment and costs, flow diagrams, and processing stages
- Evenly distributes coverage between oil and gas into two parts, as well as upstream and downstream content
- Provides a practical handbook with real-world case studies and problem examples, including formulas and calculations
Oil and Gas Pipelines and Piping Systems: Design, Construction, Management, and Inspection delivers all the critical aspects needed for oil and gas piping and pipeline condition monitoring and maintenance, along with tactics to minimize costly disruptions within operations. Broken up into two logical parts, the book begins with coverage on pipelines, including essential topics, such as material selection, designing for oil and gas central facilities, tank farms and depots, the construction and installment of transportation pipelines, pipe cleaning, and maintenance checklists.
Moving over to piping, information covers piping material selection and designing and construction of plant piping systems, with attention paid to flexibility analysis on piping stress, a must-have component for both refineries with piping and pipeline systems.
Heavily illustrated and practical for engineers and managers in oil and gas today, the book supplies the oil and gas industry with a must-have reference for safe and effective pipeline and piping operations.
- Presents valuable perspectives on pipelines and piping operations specific to the oil and gas industry
- Provides all the relevant American and European codes and standards, as well as English and Metric units for easier reference
- Includes numerous visualizations of equipment and operations, with illustrations from various worldwide case studies and locations
Essentials of Oil and Gas Utilities explains these support systems and provides essential information on their essential requirements and process design. This guide includes water treatment plants, condensate recovery plants, high pressure steam boilers, induced draft cooling towers, instrumentation/plant air compressors, and units for a refinery fuel gas and oil systems. In addition, the book offers recommendations for equipment and flow line protection against temperature fluctuations and the proper preparation and storage of strong and dilute caustic solutions.
Essentials of Oil and Gas Utilities is a go-to resource for engineers and refinery personnel who must consider utility system design parameters and associated processes for the successful operations of their plants.
- Discusses gaseous and liquid fuel systems used to provide heat for power generation, steam production and process requirements
- Provides a design guide for compressed air systems used to provide air to the various points of application in sufficient quantity and quality and with adequate pressure for efficient operation of air tools or other pneumatic devices.
- Explains the water systems utilized in plant operations which include water treatment systems or raw water and plant water system; cooling water circuits for internal combustion engines, reciprocating compressors, inter- cooling and after-cooling facilities; and "Hot Oil" and "Tempered Water" systems
Oil and gas companies are repeatedly cited by regulatory organizations for poor training and maintenance on providing personal protective equipment to their refinery workers. Managers of refinery and petrochemical plants are responsible for instructing their workers with the types of equipment available, how to properly wear the equipment, how to properly care and maintain the equipment, and, most importantly, it’s their responsibility to enforce these regulations and safety requirements. While there are many reference materials on the subject, most are too broad to apply directly to the unique and highly volatile atmosphere of an oil and gas operation. Personnel Protection and Safety Equipment for the Oil and Gas Industries answers the call for safety managers onsite as well as workers to understand all the safety equipment available specifically for the energy sector. Condensed into one convenient reference location, this training guide is designed to inform on several types of personnel protective clothing, firefighting protective clothing, respiratory protective devises available as well as many other types of protective equipment, including fall protection and vehicle safety belts and harnesses. Industry-specific examples, multiple illustrations, and a glossary of terms make Personnel Protection and Safety Equipment for the Oil and Gas Industries a must-have on every oil and gas operation.
- Know recommended US and international protective safety equipment regulations
- Learn the types, classes, and materials of safety and protective equipment specific to the oil and gas industry
- Gain knowledge on how to select, test, maintain, and store protective equipment properly
With the oil and gas industry facing new challenges—deeper offshore installations, more unconventional oil and gas transporting through pipelines, and refinery equipment processing these opportunity feedstocks--new corrosion challenges are appearing, and the oil and gas industry’s infrastructure is only as good as the quality of protection provided and maintained. Essentials of Coating, Painting, and Linings for the Oil, Gas, and Petrochemical Industries is the first guide of its kind to directly deliver the necessary information to prevent and control corrosion for the components on the offshore rig, pipelines underground and petrochemical equipment. Written as a companion to Cathodic Corrosion Protection Systems, this must-have training tool supplies the oil and gas engineer, inspector and manager with the full picture of corrosion prevention methods specifically catered for oil and gas services. Packed with real world case studies, critical qualifications, inspection criteria, suggested procedure tests, and application methods, Essentials of Coating, Painting, and Linings for the Oil, Gas and Petrochemical Industries is a required straightforward reference for any oil and gas engineer and manager.
- Understand how to select, prime and apply the right coating system for various oil and gas equipment and pipelines – both upstream and downstream
- Train personnel with listed requirements, evaluation material and preparation guides, including important environmental compliance considerations
- Improve the quality of your equipment, refinery and pipeline with information on repair and rejection principles
Corrosion is a naturally occurring cost, worth billions in the oil and gas sector. New regulations, stiffer penalties for non-compliance and aging assets are all leading companies to develop new technology, procedures and bigger budgets catering to one prevailing method of prevention, cathodic protection. Cathodic Corrosion Protection Systems: A Guide for Oil and Gas Industries trains on all the necessary reports, inspection criteria, corrective measures and critical standards needed on various oil and gas equipment, structures, tanks, and pipelines. Demands in the cathodic protection market have driven development for better devices and methods, helping to prolong the equipment and pipeline’s life and integrity. Going beyond just looking for leaks, this handbook gives the engineer and manager all the necessary tools needed to put together a safe cathodic protection system, whether it is for buried casing while drilling, offshore structures or submarine pipelines.
- Understand how to install, inspect and engage the right cathodic protection systems for various oil and gas equipment, tanks, and pipelines
- Properly construct the right procedure and anodes with all relevant US and International standards that apply
- Gain knowledge concerning techniques, equipment, measurements and test methods used in real-world field scenarios